Colour Identification | Classification of Colours Using Objects | Uses of Colours Primary 2 (Basic 2) Term 3 Week 4 Basic Science and Technology
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Sound Energy and Objects that can Produce Sound Primary 2 (Basic 2) Term 3 Week 3 Basic Science and Technology
TOPIC – COLOUR
2. Colour Identification
3. Classification of Colour Using Objects
4. Uses of Colour
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify at least four colours.
2. colour objects with various colours.
3. uses of colours.
4. analyze the importance of colour.
The pupils can identify the primary colours.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Coloured pen
4. Colour charts
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
IDENTIFICATION OF COLOUR
CLASSIFICATION OF OBJECTS OR SHAPES ACCORDING TO COLOURS
Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the class to –
1. IDENTIFY COLOUR WITH SHAPES
For example, green circle, etc.
2. IDENTIFY COLOUR WITH LIVING AND NON LIVING
Teacher displays samples, chart or flashcards showing living and non living things with different colours for the groups or pairs to identify each with their colour(s).
For example, chart showing the following:
Living things – goat, dog, lizard etc.
Non living things – balls, flag, cloth, etc.
MEANING OF COLOUR
Colour is the surface appearance of something within and around us.
USES OF COLOUR
The uses of colour are as follows:
5. Beautification and Decoration
8. Writing and drawing
9. Traffic control
LESSON 2 – CLASSIFICATION OF SHAPES ACCORDING TO COLOURS
Teacher asks groups or pairs to organizes the following shapes according to colour.
LOGO AND COLOUR
1. National flag
2. Mtn, Glo and Airtel logo
3. School uniform scandals, building, books, etc.
3. Army, navy and police colour
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the colour.
3. Teacher displays samples of water colour or colour pen.
4. Teacher lets groups or pairs identify.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify red, blue, green and white colours.
5. Teacher uses the samples and pupil’s responses to introduce the lesson.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the lesson to understand the concept of the lesson.
6. Teacher guides groups or pairs to identify
- colour and shape.
- colour of living and non living.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify objects through colours – living and non living things.
7. Teacher asks pupils to state the reasons why their school uniform is different from other schools.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the importance of colour identity.
8. Teacher uses the pupil’s responses to lead a discussion on the meaning and uses of colour.
Pupil’s Activities – Analyze the importance of colour in their communities.
9. Teacher guides pupils to identify colour of different bodies and classify shapes (objects) according to colour.
10. Teacher summarizes the lessons on the board with appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the summary of the lesson by responding correctly to the questions and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Existence of Air – Meaning and Properties of Air | Uses of Air Primary 2 (Basic 2) Term 3 Week 5 Basic
Teacher asks pupils to,
1. identify the following colours,
2. identify the shape and colour,
3. Group the following shapes according to colour,
4. State the colour(s) of the following:
- National flag
- Mtn, Glo and Airtel logo
- School uniform scandals, building, books, etc.
- Army, navy and police colour
5. explain the meaning of colour.
6. state 5 uses of colour.