Last Updated on September 12, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
WEEK 1 2 3…..
PRIMARY 4 5 6
TOPIC: ENGLISH DICTATION
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. Pick out new words from the passage.
2. write the meaning of new word/word bank in the passage.
3. Write down the dictated words.
The pupils can identify and spelling a given word.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing the new words from the passage.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Materials
Online Information – Teaching of New Words – Primary 1, Primary 2 and Primary 3
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LIST OF WORDS
NOTE – The dictated words must be the same words in the previous lesson – Teaching New Words.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to pick out new words from the passage.
Pupil’s Activities – Scan the new words.
3. Write them on the charts and review the meanings.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the meanings of words and repeat after the teacher.
4. Guides pupils to identify and spell each of the word correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and spell each of the word correctly.
5. Dictates each of the word on the chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Write down each of the dictated by the teacher.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. pronounce and spelling correctly the words on the chart.
2. listen and write correctly the dictated words.