JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 9 (JSS 3)
Answer all the Questions in this section.
1. The habit of doing or facing one’s job with every form of seriousness is termed ___________________________.
(a) positive behavior
(b) wrong attitude to work
(c) negative behavior
(d) right attitude to work
2. The first census to be held in Nigeria was in the year ___________________________.
3. ___________________________ is the working together of persons to achieve a common goal.
4. In Nigeria, while we have three arms of government, there are four levels of government.
(b) partially false
(c) not sure
5. ___________________________ organ of government is responsible for implementing the laws.
6. The ___________________________ is the last hope of the common man in Nigeria.
7. According to Professor A.V. Dicey, there are …… principles to the rule of law.
8 ___________________________ right is not a type of rights.
9. During census, those who count citizens are referred to as ___________________________.
10. In Yoruba land, a male child ___________________________ to greet his elders.
11. ___________________________ propounded the theory of the rule of law.
12. A spoken false statement against a person is called ___________________________.
13. An accused is presumed innocent until proven ___________________________ in a court of law.
14. The apex court in Nigeria is the ___________________________.
15. a foreigner who resides in a country and not yet a member of that country is a/an ___________________________.
16. While population is defined as ___________________________ census is defined ___________________________.
17. ___________________________ gave an acceptable definition of democracy.
18. The civil war in Nigeria took place from ___________________________ to ___________________________.
19. NIS and NCS mean _____________________________________________________.
20. In the Nigerian coat of arms, while the Eagle represents ___________________________, the two white Horses represent ___________________________.
Section B – THEORY
Answer question one and any other three questions.
1a. What is census?
1b. Give a brief history of census in Nigeria.
1c. What are four obstacles to organizing an accurate population census.
1d. A woman who is pregnant has just been enumerated; will the child in the womb be counted? Explain.
1e. How often should census be conducted in Nigeria according to the Nigerian constitution?
2a. What is rule of law?
2a. Highlight the principles of the rule of law.
2c. Why are human rights inalienable?
3a. What are right attitudes to work?
3b. State four attributes of (3a) above.
3c. Define the term, negative behaviours.
4a. Give the meaning of the term, values and state three importance of values in the society.
4b. Why is Nigeria a federation? State three reasons.
4c. In what four ways can someone acquire the status of a citizen?
5a. What are human rights?
5b. List the types or divisions of human rights and give two examples of each.
5c. Highlight five steps to be taken towards the protection of human rights.