READING AND WRITING
TOPIC: Passage illustrating or reinforcing clause
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Use structure correctly as in content column
2. Read passages containing these structures with correct stress, intonation and rhythm.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Sentences strips
2. Course book
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PASSAGE(S) ILLUSTRATING REINFORCING
1. Defining Relative clause – there is the girl who opened the door.
2. Comparison – they are as tall as their parents.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Revises the structure with the pupils;
Pupil’s Activities – Read the structure as provided by the teacher.
3. Gives pupils reading activities on the structure;
Pupil’s Activities – Read passages given by teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Participate in oral drills.
2. Read the given passage with correct stress intonation and rhythm.