Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC: Growing of Crops
- Lesson One – Gardening tools
- Lesson Two – Activities on school’s garden
- Lesson Three – Conditions for Growing Crops
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Mention tools for growing crops.
- Mention conditions for growing crops.
- Crops can be grown at home or in the school garden. Tools like hoe, cutlass, rake, etc. make it easy to work in the garden when we are growing crops. They are called gardening tools.
- Crops need adequate water, air, sunlight and, good soil, nutrients to grow healthy.
- The concept of garden tools and conditions for growing crops will enable pupils to understand and appreciate the uses and care for growing healthy crops and conditions necessary for growing crop.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of sample or chart of tools used in the garden.
- Crops in the school garden
- Farm tools
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
Tools which are kept in stores that are locked cannot be easily stolen.