TOPIC: MY FAMILY MY SCHOOL
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. describe the essential characteristics of their family or school;
2. describe the members of the family, noting their special characters.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A suitable guided composition piece;
2. Composition prepared by the teacher.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
MacMillan Brilliant Primary English school book 6
All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Samson is my family’s name. We live in Lagos at No. 9, Estate Road, Igando. There are five members in my family. They are my parents, my younger brothers and myself, living together under the same roof.
The name of my father is Mr. Samson Omotayo. He is a trader. He enjoys reading and listening to music when he is free. My mother’s name is Mrs. Samson Ruth. She is a fashion designer. She looks after the family. Every day she cooks meals for us. She teaches me and my brother at home.
My brother and I are students. I am 12 years old and I am in primary six. My younger brothers, Stephen is eight years old and he is in primary four. Nathaniel is six years old and he is in primary two. We enjoy playing together. We like watching cartoon on cartoon network.
I love my family and my family loves me. I am very proud of my family.
The name of my school is Oye Nursery and Primary School, No. 19 Estate Road, Lagos. My school is the best school in my community. My school is blue and white. I like to go to school every day. My class teacher is very kind and teaches us to follow school rules and regulation. My school is located at very nice place and away from all the crowd and noise of the city.
My school has a school’s anthem and pledge.
My school has lots of facilities such as one computer room, one library, one common reading room, two big playground. My school has classes for kindergarten, nursery and primary class students.
My school has around nineteen qualified teachers including men and women, one headteacher, two assistant headteachers, one cleaner and two gatemen.
My teacher teaches us well and makes us learn subjects in very creative and attractive ways.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
3. Prepares a model composition and uses this to guide pupils;
Pupil’s Activities – Write composition on the topic given by the teacher.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. describe their family or school environment;
2. describe members of their family noting their special characters;
3. list two special characters of a member of your family.