PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Health and Hygiene III – Care of the Nails and Hair (Primary 1)
TOPIC – GENERAL BODY CLEANLINESS
1. Meaning of Cleanliness
2. Benefits of Cleanliness
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention benefits of cleanliness.
Hands washing, bathing, cutting fingernails and toenails, teeth brushing, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts, Posters, Sponge, Water, Scissors/clippers, Chewing stick, Tooth brush and paste, Towels, Pomade, Slippers/shoes, Stocking, Blouses, Skirts and Shorts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing a dirty child for the pupils to discuss how the child can maintain general cleanliness of the body. Listen to their discussion and note their points on the board.
GENERAL BODY CLEANLINESS
Cleanliness is the act of being clean without dirt, dust, stains and bad smells. Cleanliness is very important for physical and mental well-being.
It is essential for everyone to learn about cleanliness and stay clean.
General body cleanliness how you keep your body clean and neat always.
WAYS MAINTAIN GENERAL BODY CLEANLINESS
1. Always taking regular bath with soap and sponge.
2. Brush your teeth twice a day. Before meal in the morning and after meal at night.
3. Cutting your nails from time to time.
4. Washing your hand before and after meals.
5. Always wash your hands with soap immediately after toilet.
6. Wash your clothes.
7. Maintain a clean and good hair style.
8. Always use clean water taking your bath, washing your hands and cloth.
BENEFITS OF CLEANLINESS
1. It prevents disease contamination.
2. It kills germs.
3. It prevents spread of disease.
4. It boosts mental health.
5. It prevents sickness.
6. It boosts self confidence.
7. It attracts more friends and respect from family and friends.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of cleanliness.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of cleanliness.
3. List the benefits of cleanliness.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention some benefits of cleanliness.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what cleanliness is.
2. list 5 benefits of cleanliness.
Was this lessons helpful?