House Care – Process for Cleaning the Bedroom | Ways of Rearranging Furniture in the Bedroom Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Home Economics
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – House Care – Reasons for Cleaning the Bedroom | Materials Used for Cleaning the Bedroom Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Home Economics
TOPIC – CLEANING THE BEDROOM
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons for Cleaning the Bedroom
3. Materials Needed for Cleaning the Bedroom
4. Process of Cleaning the Bedroom
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe the processes involved in the cleaning the bed room.
2. clean the bedroom properly.
3. make the bed.
4. arrange things in the room as found after cleaning and dusting.
The pupils can identify bedroom and furniture in the bedroom.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Brushes, dusters, brooms, (long and short broom).
2. Mattress, pillow and cases, bed sheet, bed (improvised).
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Lead the pupils to discuss the processes of cleaning the bedroom.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupil’s views and note the points of discussion on the board
PROCESSES FOR CLEANING THE BEDROOM
1. Gathering of clean materials.
2. Removal of cobwebs.
3. Sweeping, dusting, and polishing, etc.
4. Making bed.
5. Rearranging the room after cleaning and dusting.
THINGS TO REARRANGE IN THE BEDROOM
2. Dressing table and chair
4. Shoe rack
LESSON 2 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discuss how furniture in the bedroom are arranged. At the end of the discussion, write the points of discussion on the board.
ARRANGING FURNITURE IN THE BEDROOM
1. Place bed opposite the door.
2. Dressing table opposite the bed side.
3. Place wardrobe by the corner of the wall.
4. Place shoe rack at the back of the door.
5. Place chair in front of dressing table.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Provides all the cleaning materials and explain and how they are used.
Pupil’s Activities – Help in gathering materials for cleaning.
3. Discuss and demonstrates the cleaning of the bedroom.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice cleaning the bedroom. Participate in the cleaning process.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Functions of Food | Foods Belongings to Various Food Groups (Primary 3)
Ask pupils to:
1. state 2 processes involved in cleaning the bedroom.
2. clean a bedroom and make a bed.
3. rearrange the bed room.