RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – CONSEQUENCES OF POOR SERVICES
TOPIC – HOW TO HELP GOVERNMENT PROVIDE SERVICES
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. state how to help the government provide services.
2. part in communal activities.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of government workers in offices.
2. Resource person from government offices.
4. Use cartoon pictures of people doing the opposite for summary. That’s people running away from tax officer, somebody on PHCN wire etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Communal responsibility is the responsibility of the people in a particular community to accompany a particular project or task.
These tasks or projects are ways people help (maintain or assist) the government to provide some other services.
COMMUNAL ACTIVITIES BY PUPILS
Leads and guides to perform basic community service within or outside the school, mainly cleaning.
LESSON 2 – HOW TO HELP GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE SERVICES
We can make it easy for the government to provide the services which we need in the society. Here are some of the ways we can do this:
1. Regular payment of taxes, rates and levies.
2. Payment of fees – schools fees, water bills, electricity bills, etc.
3. Self help community development of public utilities, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads and guide the pupils to provide community service within or outside the school – mainly cleaning service.
3. Uses the community service provided to introduce and lead a class to discuss ways people can assist government to provide services.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify clarity and explain ways people can help government to provide services.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate Activities in the lesson summary and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Problems Created by Bad Leadership
Ask pupils to list 4 ways that people can assist government to provide services.