THEME – DISEASE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care for the ill (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – PREVENTION OF ILLNESS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Prevention of illness
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state how to prevent illness.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing clean environment
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Review the children’s early morning activities before school such as brushing their teeth and bathing and tell them, these are some of the ways to prevent illness.
Discuss personal hygiene with the children and how to prevent illness.
HOW TO PREVENT ILLNESS
3. Live in are and cool house
4. Take ORT/SS Solution
5. Use insecticides and pesticides
6. Use treated mosquito net
8. Wash our hands before and after meal.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Tells the children how to prevent illness.
Pupil’s Activities – State how to prevent illness.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Answer the following questions.
1. We brush our _____________ and take _____________ before school.
A. teeth, bath
B. food, drink
2. We must brush our teeth every _____________ before meal and _____________ after meal.
A. morning, night
B. morning, afternoon
3. Wash our hands _____________ and _____________ meal.
A. before, after
B. after, before
4. Insecticide is used to control mosquito.
5. Insecticide is used to control rats.