BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning (Types with Examples) of Computer Games (Primary 5)
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF COMPUTER GAMES
1. Meaning of Computer Games
2. Importance of Computer Games
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. List types of computer games.
2. Mention importance of computer games.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
functional computer systems with game applications installed.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Computer Game is a video game played on a personal computer instead of normal video game machine.
The following are different types of computer games:
IMPORTANCE OF COMPUTER GAMES
The following are some of the cognitive benefits of playing video games –
1. Improves social skills.
2. It is a great source of learning.
3. It improves the brain’s speed.
4. It enhances memory.
5. It improves attention and concentration.
6. It enhances multitasking skills.
7 It improves coordination.
8. It improves problem – solving skills.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lets the pupils list the types of computer games with examples;
Pupil’s Activities – State types of computer games with examples.
3. Leads pupils to discuss the importance of computer games;
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the importance of computer games.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 4 importance of computer games.