Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – INTRODUCING VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Improvisation of Art Materials I – Materials and Alternatives
TOPIC: SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MATERIALS AND ALTERNATIVES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
study the similarities and characteristics of improvised materials.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Red mud
3. Stem for color
4. Flat edge stick for letting pen
5. Soft wood with raffia
6. Grass for brush.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Alternative art materials are local substitute for a necessary tool or material. There are similarities and distinct differences between the materials and its alternatives.
SIMILARITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF MATERIALS AND ALTERNATIVES
Both the materials and the improvised ones are similar in the following ways:
1. Both can be used for the same purposes.
2. Both are reckoned with as materials for making artwork.
1. Improvised materials are cheaper than the real or original materials.
2. Improvised materials can be easily found in the environment while the original or actual objects cannot. They are mostly bought.
3. Improvised materials are duplicate of the original materials.
4. Sometimes, improvised materials cannot represent the original.
5. Improvised are used as blueprint for the original materials.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists some art materials and their alterative.
Pupil’s Activities – List art materials and their alternatives.
3. Discusses similarities and characteristic of improvised materials.
Pupil’s Activities – Note similarities and characteristics of improvised materials.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Identify two art materials and their alternatives.
2. Name two similarities and characteristic of improvised materials.