RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THIRD TERM WEEK 2
THEME – OUR COMMUNITY PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Examination Civic Education Basic 2
TOPIC – LEADER IN OUR COMMUNITY
Who is A Community Leader
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state who is a community leader is.
2. name some community leaders in the locality.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures of community leaders in their locality.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons. Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1
IDENTIFICATION OF COMMUNITY LEADERS
The Oba, Emir, Obi and Eze
Teacher’s remarks – The people mentioned are called the community leader or traditional leaders.
The leaders of a community are not limited to the kings, they are extended to the Baale, Chiefs (Oloye), Markets chairman (Baba/Iya Oloja), etc.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2
WHO IS A COMMUNITY LEADER?
A community leader is a person who guides and directs the affair of the people in his/her community.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to identify the community leaders on the charts.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the community leaders on the charts.
3. Teachers/Pupil’s Activities – Explain who a community leader is?
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
LESSON EVALUATION Pupils to:
1. A ____________________ is a person who guides and directs the affair of the people in his/her community.
A. The President
B. The Governors
C. The Kings or Queen
2. Chief is not a community leader. True/False
State 3 community leaders in their community.