THEME – HOME CLEANING
PREVIOUS LESSON – TYPES OF SURFACE AND CLEANING
TOPIC – Wooden Surface
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify wooden surface and state its advantages and disadvantages.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Chart showing different types of surfaces.
- Cleaning materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Surface is the top layer of an area. For example, mud surface, wooden surface, and concrete surface.
TYPES OF SURFACE
- Mud Surface
- Concrete Surface
- Wooden Surface
Wooden surfaces are surface made of wood. Good quality wood is needed for floor finishing.
Advantages of Wooden Surfaces
- It is cheaper than other surface.
- It is warm.
- It can be made to look attractive if well painted.
- It can last long.
Disadvantages of Wooden Surfaces
- It can be easily damaged by moisture.
- It is inflammable.
- It can be damaged by pests.
- It can be stretched with dragging of heavy objects.
Care for wooden Surface
- Sweep to remove surface dust.
- Dust with cleaning.
- Sweep the surface.
- Scrub with brush and soapy water following the grains of the wood.
- Rinse and wipe dry thoroughly with clean water.
- Polish with correct wood polish.
REASONS FOR CLEANING SURFACES IN THE HOME
- To remove dirt.
- To make it attractive.
- To make it durable.
- To avoid accident.
- To prevent germs and pests
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Presents wooden surface for the pupils to identify and describe.
- Pupil’s Activities – Describe wooden surface.
- Discusses with the pupils the advantages and disadvantages of wooden surface.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- Provides temporary wood as wooden surface and discuss different ways of cleaning wooden surface both daily and weekly basis.
- Pupil’s Activities – Clean the wooden surface and participate in discussing other means of cleaning wooden surfaces.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Cleaning Different Surfaces in the Home
- State the meaning of surface.
- Mention 3 types of surface.
- Mention 2 advantages and disadvantages of wooden surfaces.
- State the daily and weekly care for wooden surfaces.
If you found something useful today, please consider a small donation.
Leave a comment.