THEME – PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Oil Crops | Examples of Oil Crops Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Agriculture
TOPIC – OIL CROPS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Oil Crops
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. give the meaning of oil crops.
2. give examples of oil crops.
3. state the uses of oil crops.
The pupils can identify and state the examples of oil Crops.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts and pictures of oil crops.
2. Live samples of oil flowers.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Ask the pupils to examples of oil crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Oil palm, groundnut, cashew, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Correct, good job for quick response. Oil crops are crops which are mainly grown for the production of oil.
Based on the previous lesson assignment, ask the pupils, what are the uses of oil Crops. Note their points on the board and discuss in details.
USES OF OIL CROPS
1. It is used for cooking and frying.
2. It is used for making soap.
3. It is used for rubbing of metal tools to prevent rusting.
4. It is used for making pomade.
5. It is used making butter and margarine.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses uses of ornamental crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
3. Summary the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Meaning of Latex Crops | Examples of Latex Crops | Uses of Latex Crops Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Agriculture
Ask pupils to:
1. explain what ornamental crops is.
2. Differentiate between food and ornamental crops.
3. List 5 ornamental crops and their uses.