Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – READING
TOPIC – PHONEMIC AWARENESS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- learn sounds through songs and
- repeat sounds they hear.
Music and sound
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Wall chart showing the rhyme.
- Flash card showing the key words in the songs.
- Approved course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
USING SONGS AND RHYMES TO IDENTIFY SOUNDS
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Teaches relevant songs to the pupils involving particular sounds.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively to the teacher and sing the song with emphasis on the sounds taught.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to sing songs to emphasize some given sounds.