CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 6
1. Meaning of Corruption
2. Causes of Corruption
3. Ways of Overcoming Corruption
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain the terms corruption.
2. mention the various cause of corruption in the physical world.
3. mention various ways of fighting corruption.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustrations of Jesus being tempted by the devil.
2. Pictures of people giving and taking bribe.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF CORRUPTION
Corruption is illegal, bad and dishonest behaviour that destroys people’s trust.
CAUSES OF CORRUPTION
1. Greed of money
3. Excessive love of money and other materials things of the world. Lk 18:18-24, 1 Tim. 6:10.
5. Keeping bad companies
6. Excessive use of drugs
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains what temptation and corruption mean.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and ask questions.
3. Asks pupils if any of them had ever been tempted and how they overcome.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss their experiences.
4. Leads pupils in listing the various kinds of temptations and causes of corruption.
5. Discusses the needs to rely on Jesus in order to overcome temptations.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – moderation in Christian life.
1. explain the term corruption.
2. mention three causes of corruption in Nigeria today.
3. list three ways of fighting corruption.