THEME – HEALTH HABITS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Good Health Habits (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – BAD HEALTH HABITATS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Bad Health Habits
3. Ways of Maintaining Good Health Habits
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. say the meaning bad health habits.
2. recognize all bad health habits.
3. smile and learn.
Bad foods and unbalanced diet, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing children suffering from bad health habits.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays chart showing children with bad teeth, skin rashes, dirty appearance, etc. for the children to identify and describe the children on the chart.
Listen to children and give cheer for the work well done. Show and tell them, the causes of bad teeth, skin rashes, etc. as you discuss Bad Health Habits.
MEANING OF BAD HEALTH HABITS
Bad health habits are bad behaviour that affects our personal health.
Note – Support the children to be say the meaning of bad health habits.
EXAMPLES OF BAD HEALTH HABITS
1. Not brushing the teeth.
2. Not taken bath daily.
3. Not eating good and balanced diet.
4. Not eating in time.
5. Not washing hands before and after eating.
6. Not taken good and clean water.
7. Long and dirty nails.
8. Bushy hair.
9. Rough play.
10. Not sleep well, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss bad health habits.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion by responding to teacher’s questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Answer the following questions.
1. ___________________ are bad behaviour that affects our personal health.
A. Bad health habits
B. Good health habits
2. Bad health habits are bad behaviour that affects our ___________________.
A. Personal health
B. Personal living
3. Eating good and balanced diet are bad health habits.
4. Play safe is one of the good health habits.
5. It is important that you wash your hand after toileting.
All questions are oral questions.