Meaning of Home Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care of the Eyes – Ways of Caring for the Eyes Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
TOPIC – THE HOME
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Home
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain the meaning of a home.
The pupils can identify their home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a picture of a home.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing a family (family, mother and their children) living in their home. Encourage the pupils to state each of member of their family and discuss place where they live.
Pupil’s Activities – This is the father, mother and their children.
Note – Accept home or house as place where they live.
Teacher’s remark – Everyone has a family and home where they live. Write the meaning of home on the board as discussed.
MEANING OF HOME
Home is a place (house) where people live as a family.
At home, we are safe because all members of the family loved one another.
We are protected from dangerous animals and bad weather.
LESSON 2 – REPEAT THE ACTIVITIES IN LESSON 1
Review lesson 1 – meaning of home.
Find out different parts of a home.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify home as a place where people live as a family.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify home as a place where people live as a family.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Different Parts of a Home and their Uses Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
Ask pupils to explain the meaning of a home.
1. _______________ is a place (house) where people live as a family.
2. At home, all members of the family _______________ one another.
3. We are protected from dangerous animals and bad weather.
4. Home is a place (house) where people live as a family.
5. A home is also known as a house.