Meaning of Rest – Importance of Rest – Period to Rest (Primary 2)
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – When to take Exercise (Primary 2)
TOPIC – REST
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Rest
3. Importance of Rest
4. Period of Sleeping
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe the meaning of rest.
2. discuss the importance of rest.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts of sleeping mats, beds, mattress.
2. Pictures or charts showing people resting and sleeping.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart of someone resting or relaxing for the pupils to identify and describe the activities on the chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify someone that’s resting.
Teacher’s Remark – Listen to the pupils, give a cheer for expected response and explain the meaning of rest and its importance.
MEANING OF REST
Rest is the moment when people stops working or moving.
That’s, a moment of doing nothing in particular.
For example, be on your own, listen to music or watching TV, reading a book, etc.
THE IMPORTANCE OF REST
1. Rest makes one be active.
2. Rest makes one be strong.
WHEN TO REST
1. When you stress.
2. When you are tired.
3. When you are less busy.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the meaning of rest.
3. Discuss the importance of rest.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion, define rest and state the importance of rest.
4. Leads a role – play the postures resting.
Pupil’s Activities – Take a role in the play.
5. Comment on the role-play.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s comments.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Meaning of Sleep – Importance of Sleep (Primary 2)
Pupils to –
1. explain the meaning of rest.
2. mention 2 importance of rest.
3. state 2 best time to rest.
WORKBOOK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
Answer the following questions.
1. _________________ is the moment when people stops working.
2. Rest makes one to be active.
3. Rest makes one to be weak.
4. You can rest when you are busy.
5. You can rest when you are stressed or tired.