Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Highway Code (Primary 3)
TOPIC – NATIONAL SYMBOLS
Respecting Other National Symbols
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
demonstrate respect for other other symbols.
National anthem, pledge, currencies, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of National Symbols and others
3. Video clips
4. Tours to see important national symbols
5. Tours to traditional and religious institutions.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Our National symbols are our National Identity through which we can easily identify as Nigerian and matters that has to do with Nigeria.
Other symbols represent personal or organisational identity. These symbols are to be respected just as the National Symbols.
Other symbols are –
1. Traditional symbols
2. Business symbols
3. Religion symbols
4. School symbols
5. State and Local Governments symbols
6. Personal symbols, etc.
These symbols are also known as logo.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate ways of respecting other symbols.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
demonstrate respect for other symbols.