THEME: READING AND WRITING
TOPIC: ORAL COMPOSITION TALKING ABOUT SELF AND FAMILY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. introduce themselves.
2. speak about the family giving appropriate information.
3. use correct intonation, stress and rhythm patterns in expressions.
The pupils are required to already have learned to write about themselves.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course book
2. Suitable passages introducing the topic.
3. A chart containing public speech and dialogue.
4. Audio player.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ORAL COMPOSITION TALKING ABOUT SELF
Here are some examples of things you can say about yourself:
- My name is Ayomide Michael. I am from Kwara State. I live in No. 6, Hammed Bello Close, Orile Iganmu, Lagos.
- I was born in Lagos. I am 10 years old. I go to St. Michael Anglican Primary School, Kwara State. I like playing football and watching movies.
- My best friends are Samuel, Arike, Deborah, Sulaiman and Eniola. I have brothers and sisters.
- In the future, I will like to be a teacher.
ORAL COMPOSITION TALKING ABOUT FAMILY
- My family name is Ayomide Michael. I lived with my mum and dad, brother and sister.
- My dad is a from Kwara State while my mom is from Ogun State. My mom is a teacher and my dad is businessman. We are one big happy family. My brother, sister and I go to the same school and love one another very well.
- My younger brother and sister are troublesome. They like disturbing me when I’m reading. Thank to my mom who saved me from them.
- My name is Ayomide, my brother is Olamide and my sister is Omowunmi. I’m 10 years old, Olamide is 7 years old while Omowunmi is 5 years old.
- Ma, if you want to know more, ask and I will tell you.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Begins the lesson by introducing himself to the class.
3. Leads each pupil to introduce himself/herself.
Pupil’s Activities – Introduce themselves following the teacher’s model.
4. Guides pupils to talk about their families.
Pupil’s Activities – Pupils talk about their families.
5. Sees that each pupil uses the correct intonation, stress and rhythm patterns in expressions.
Pupil’s Activities – Speak in correct intonation, stress and rhythm.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. make correct sentences when talking about self and family.
2. discuss simple topics using the correct intonation, stress, and rhythmic patterns.