RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ROAD SIGNS
PREVIOUS LESSON – National Symbols V – Respecting National Symbols (Primary 3)
TOPIC – HIGHWAY CODE
1. Meaning of Highway Code
2. Code and Meaning
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. understand what highway means.
2. identify each highway code by name.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing different highway codes
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF HIGHWAY CODES
MEANING OF HIGHWAY CODE
Highway codes is an official book that contains the rules that regulate the safety use of public roads.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify and recognise the highway code.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and recognise the highway code.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
identify and recognize highway code.