CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 6
TOPIC: ORDERED RELATIONSHIP IN the FAMILY, CHURCH AND THE SOCIETY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Describe their duties and rights as members of the family, the church and the society.
2. Describe the duties and rights of other members of the family the church and the society.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of photography of the family or church congregation and picture of the independence day celebration.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ORDERED RELATIONSHIP IN THE FAMILY, CHURCH AND THE SOCIETY
The apostles taught Christian how they are to live in order in their home. The position of the father, mother, children and servants describes and how to live peacefully with one another in the Christian home.
RELATIONSHIP WITHIN THE FAMILY – Ephesians 5:21 – 33, 6:1 – 9
Father is the head of the Christian home, as Christ is the head of the Church The father stands in place of Christ as the head of the family.
Good relationship between husband and wife
Submit yourselves to one another because of your reverence for Christ. Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands as to the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.
Relationship between parents and children
Children, it is your Christian duty to obey your parents, for this is the right thing to do. “Respect your father and mother” is the first commandment that has a promise added: “so that all may go well with you, and you may live a long time in the land.”
Parents, do not treat your children in such a way as to make them angry. Instead, raise them with Christian discipline and instruction.
Relationship among children
Children are to love one another.
RELATIONSHIP WITHIN THE CHURCH – Colossians 3:18 – 25
Members of the church are to show respect for their leaders and for one another. Church leaders should also treat members of their Church with love and respect.
RELATIONSHIP WITHIN THE SOCIETY – Romans 13: 1 – 7, 1 Peter 2: 13 – 17
A society is made up of different people living together in a particular place. The place may be a village, town, city or state. Paul and Peter taught about the need for good and ordered relationship in the society as means of promoting love, peace, unity, progress and prosperity.
WORK TO DO.
WRITE SHORT ESSAY ON THEIR DUTIES, RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS GOOD CHRISTIANS EITHER IN THE HOME THE CHURCH AND THE SOCIETY OR THE NATION.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Define family showing that each of the pupils belong to a family;
Pupil’s Activities – State the social groups to which they belong – the family, the church and the society.
3. Describe the duties and rights of individuals members of the family;
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss and state their responsibilities in the family, the church and the nation.
3. Discusses duties of members of the church, society and the nation;
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss and state the duties and responsibilities of the family, the church and the state as good Christians.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – temptation.
1. Describe the relationship that should exist in the family, the church and the community.
2. Enumerate their duties and right in the church, community and the nation.