Parts of an Insects Primary 2/Basic 2 Term 2 Week 2 Agriculture
THEME – PROTECTION ISSUES IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Examination Agriculture Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – PARTS OF AN INSECT
1. Introductory Activities
2. Parts of an Insects
3. Label Parts of and Insects
3. New Words – Spelling and Dictation
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
name parts of an Insects.
The pupils can identify a butterfly, bee, grasshopper, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Chart or sample of useful insects
3. Insect nets
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Collect some common insects for the pupils to identify and guide them to identify each parts of an insect.
Note – Welcome local name of an insect identified.
Pupil’s Activities – This a grasshopper, termite, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Give a great cheer for quick response and note each of an insect identified.
NAME OF COMMON INSECTS
10. Bed bug
LESSON 2 – PARTS OF COMMON INSECTS | SPELLING AND DICTATION
3. Thorax – The thorax is the middle part, behind the head and before the abdomen.
5. Wings – some of the insects do not have wing.
6. Walking legs
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays common insects.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and name common Insects.
3. Guides pupils to identify parts of an insect.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify parts of an insect.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Draw and label butterfly, termite, and bee.
Draw a butterfly.
Draw and Label of Parts of an Insect Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Agriculture
Ask pupils to:
1. identify common insects.
2. identify part of an insect.
3. Name each part of an insect identified.
4. new words – spelling and dictation of parts of an insect.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. ________________ is the middle part, behind the head and before the abdomen.
2. ________________ is used for moving from one place to another.
3. ________________ used for flying.
Name the following parts.
10. Underline 2 insect without wings.
- Bed bug