THEME – READING AND WRITING
TOPIC – PASSAGES DEALING WITH VISITS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. read passages fluently.
2. identify key issues in the comprehension passages.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course book
2. Supplementary readers
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
READING COMPREHENSION – PASSAGE ON VISIT TO:
1. The zoo
2. Michael’s farm
3. Obudu Cattle Ranch, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Reads a passage and lets the pupils try reading this and other passages dealing with visits to people and places and the use of sea animals.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s example by reading passages about visits to people and places and the use of sea animals.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read the passage fluently.
2. identify key issues in the comprehension passage.