TOPIC: Sentence in the Passive Voice with/without agent
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- change active sentences into passive voice.
- use the various tenses of the transitive to form sentences.
- use the passive without agents, where agents are not easy to identify or they wish to remain anonymous.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Charts where sentences have been written
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MASTERY OF THE PASSIVE VOICE CONSTRUCTION WITH AGENT
- I cleaned the board becomes the board was cleaned by me.
Agent – me
- Someone has stolen my pen becomes my pen has been stolen.
No agent mention, probably it is someone who stole the pen.
REF – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English 5
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Presents item meaningful context using dialogue.
- Guides pupils in reproducing the structure correctly.
- Asks pupils to turn a given sentence to active/passive form.
- Pupil’s Activities – Make various sentences in the passive voice, at first with agents and without (with teacher’s help).
- Pupil’s Activities – Ask and answer questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson
- change sentences in the active voice to the passive correctly.
- use the various tenses of the transitive to form sentences correctly.
- use correctly the passive without agents.