Last Updated on July 20, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: COMPUTER MOUSE
TOPIC: APPLICATION OF COMPUTER MOUSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
demonstrate the left and right buttons of the computer mouse.
The pupils are required to already have learned parts of computer mouse.
Sections of computer keyboard – function keys, arrow key, space bar, back space key, special characters, etc.
Application of Keyboard – space bar, back space key and arrow keys, Enter key and cap lock, special character keys.
Parts of the computer mouse
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
functional computer systems.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
APPLICATION OF THE COMPUTER MOUSE
1. Left click button
2. Right click button
3. Scroll ball – left, right, up and down
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils through set of activities that will enable them to demonstrate the usefulness of computer mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and follow the teacher’s instructions on the use of computer mouse.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Mainly practical.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – double click and drag operation.
Pupils to –
demonstrate the use of left and right buttons of the computer mouse.