THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Contentment as an Instrument of Avoiding Criminal Behaviours (Primary 3)
TOPIC – GOOD FAMILY LIFE
1. Characteristics of Good Family Life
2. Advantages of Good Family Life
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the characteristics of a good family life.
2. list the advantages of a good family life.
Types of Family
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing different types of family.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the types of family on the chart
MEANING OF FAMILY
Family is made up of father, mother and their children. Family is made of people who are related to one another by blood.
TYPES OF FAMILY
There are two types of family. Namely,
1. Nuclear family
2. Extended family
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD FAMILY
A good family must be/must –
5. Interest of others
6. Not greedy
7. Not selfish
ADVANTAGES OF A GOOD FAMILY
1. Children feel important and loved.
2. They have an opportunity to model their parents’ behavior.
3. Parents can observe and learn about their child’s strengths and weaknesses, which helps them to better guide them.
4. Children have a chance to voice their thoughts and feelings.
5. Parents and children develop a stronger bond.
For more information, visit – Epl.ca
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Creates activities that lead to lesson introduction.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class activities.
3. Leads pupils to describe and state the characteristics of a good family.
Pupil’s Activities – State the characteristics of a good family.
4. Discusses the advantages of having a good family.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list and explain types of family.
2. state the characteristics of a good family life.
3. list the advantages of a good family life.