BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – THINGS THAT FLOAT IN THE AIR
TOPIC – MAKING THINGS THAT FLOAT IN THE AIR
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to make things float in the air.
Kite and Balloon
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Old newspaper
- Strings, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – DISCUSSION ON HOW TO MAKE THINGS THAT FLOAT IN THE AIR (KITE)
Follow the link to watch video on how to make paper kite.
ACTIVITIES 2 – MAKING KITE
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to make paper kite.
- Pupil’s Activities – Make and fly paper kit
- Scores the kite that pupils make.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to make and fly paper kite.