PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: PHYSICAL FITNESS AND BODY CONDITIONING PROGRAMMES
TOPIC: MEASURING PHYSICAL FITNESS COMPONENTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
measure their endurance strength and speed levels.
The pupils are required to already have learned physical fitness components.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Video clip
5. Pull up bars
7. Stop watch etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – MEASURING PHYSICAL FITNESS COMPONENTS
Perform each activities of the physical fitness components for measurement.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates the measurement of endurance, strength and speed.
Pupil’s Activities – Watch the teacher’s demonstration and practice.
3. Supervises and Measures their physical fitness levels.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify activities for measuring endurance, strength and speed.
2. describe how endurance, strength and speed are measured.
3. measure other pupils’ endurance, strength and speed correctly.