Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: MUSICAL INSTRUMENT AND SOUNDS
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION LINKS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
TOPIC: LOCAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define local musical instruments.
2. list some local musical instruments.
3. play some of the local instruments.
The pupils are required to already have learned to music and sound.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts and pictorial material showing diagrams of some local musical instruments.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LOCAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
Local musical instruments are objects put together in the locality to produce music.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – PLAY SOME LOCAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (If available)
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils list and explain the meaning of local musical instruments.
Pupil’s Activities – List and explain the meaning of local musical instruments.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – play some of the musical instruments, if available.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – foreign musical instruments.
1. state the explain the meaning of local musical instruments.
2. name at last three local musical families with examples.