RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – PERFORMING ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – INTRODUCTION TO STORYTELLING VI (MAKE UP A STORYLINE WITH THE THEME – OBEDIENCE)
TOPIC – ROLE PLAY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify characters in a story or folk tale.
- describe one character in the teacher’s story or in a story told in a book.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of illustrations of characters in a story using charts, pictures, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY THE THE NAME OF EACH CHARACTER IN THE FOLLOWING STORYLINE – TOLERANCE, SERVICE TO THE NATION, TRUTHFULNESS, RESPECT AND OBEDIENCE
- Storyline – tolerance, Name –
- Storyline – obedience, Name –
- Storyline – truthfulness, Name –
- Storyline – service to the nation, Name –
- Storyline – respect, Name –
Note each point on the board and relate each character as the role they play in the story.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – PICK A STORY AND ASSIGN A ROLE EACH OF THE PUPILS (IF THE CLASS NUMBER IS NOT LARGE)
Guide the pupils on the character to play in the story.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – ACTING
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Demonstrate to pupils a character in a particular story.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe teacher’s demonstration.
- Encourages pupils to try out roles of characters in different stories based on their observation of real life characters or animals they watch on television.
- Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate and play roles in traditional stories.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- identify characters in a story.
- play out the roles of characters in a story.