Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Problems of Traffic Regulations (Primary 4)
THEME – TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
TOPIC: PROBLEMS OF TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to discuss the solutions to the problems of traffic regulations.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Highway Code
2. Resource persons
3. Pictures of road traffic signs
4. Resource persons to present a talk on the needs to obey road signs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Problems of Traffic Regulations (Primary 4)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE AND TWO – SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
Solutions to the problems include the following:
1. Regular maintenance of our roads by the government.
2. Regular patrol of roads by traffic officers.
3. Imposition of fines on traffic offenders.
4. Regular vehicle inspection.
5. Removal of bad vehicles from the roads.
6. Prosecution of hawkers on the roads.
LESSON THREE – WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to list and discuss problems of traffic regulations and their solutions;
Pupil’s Activities – List and discuss problems of traffic regulations and their solutions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – attitudes to accident victims.
Pupils to suggest 2 solutions to problems of traffic regulations.