CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD’S PROMISE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Ascension of Jesus (Primary 3)
TOPIC – THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST
1. Introductory Activities
2. Preparation for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. state when and how Jesus will return.
3. give reasons why Jesus is coming back the second time.
4. identify things they need to ask God to help them change in their lives as they wait for Jesus coming.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. CDs with stories on vigilance and last judgement.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Reading Text – John 14:1 – 3
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me.
2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
PREPARATION FOR SECOND COMING
3. Evangelism – Matthew 28:19 – 20
4. Good works
LESSON 2 – WHY HE IS COMING THE SECOND TIME
1. He is coming to fulfill the scriptures.
2. He is coming to judgment, and
3. He is coming to take his people home.
Guide pupils in identifying things they need to ask God to help them change in their lives.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss John 14:1 – 3 and Act 1:11.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Participate in class discussion and ask questions.
- Memorize Acts 1:11 and John 14:1-3
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. recite John 14:1-3 or Acts 1:11.
2. explain why Jesus is coming back again.