THEME: READING AND WRITING
TOPIC – Passage Based on Constructions with Prepositional Verbs and Phrasal Verbs
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Use both types of verb (verb + preposition and phrasal verb) correctly in sentences.
2. Answer comprehension on questions on the passage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONSTRUCTIONS WITH PREPOSITIONAL VERBS AND PHRASAL VERBS
Prepositional verbs and Phrasal verbs are made up of the main verb and another word – go up, go in, run across, run out, run down, etc.
Go in boys, it is raining.
Go out of the class.
We go in for this kind of dress.
Sunglasses will soon go out of fashion.
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English 5
Page 110C – 111
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to use the structure correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Use ‘had done’, ‘had eaten’ in sentences.
3. Guides them to make sentences with prepositional verbs verbs and phrasal verbs.
Pupil’s Activities – Read passages illustrating the use of prepositional verbs and phrasal verbs.
4. Guides pupils to read correctly first supplying them with a model reading.
Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions on the passage under the teacher’s supervision.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Answer comprehension questions on the passage.
2. Use verb preposition and phrasal verbs correctly in sentences.