Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE ROLES OF STATE GOVERNMENT
TOPIC – STATE GOVERNMENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- State the meaning, composition and motto of state government.
- Mention some problems of state government.
- Suggest areas of cooperation between state and local governments.
- State the importance/benefits of cooperation between state and local government.
- Describe how to promote cooperation between state and local government.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Map of Nigeria showing the 36 states and FCT Abuja.
- Chart showing state and their Motto.
- A diagram of the 3 tiers of government
- Photographs of joint projects between state and local governments.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
State Government is the body of people who control the affairs of many local governments. A state government is much bigger than a local government.
MOTTO OF STATE GOVERNMENT – LAGOS STATE
Centre of Excellence
PROBLEMS OF STATE GOVERNMENT
- Ethnicity and religious differences.
- Inadequate power supply
- Inadequate of job opportunities
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Assists pupils to enumerate the problems of state government.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the problems of local government.
- Assist pupils to mention and appreciate the benefits of cooperation between state and local governments.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention the importance of cooperation between state and local governments.
- Guides pupils to demonstrate or role – play areas of cooperation between state and local governments.
- Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate or role – play areas of cooperation between state and local governments.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Identify 2 problems of state government.
- Explain the meaning of state motto.