THEME – CONCEPT OF PRINT
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 3)
TOPIC – RECOGNITION OF TITLE PAGE, ILLUSTRATION MARGIN, PICTURE AND DIAGRAMS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. recognise that title page, illustrations, margins, pictures, diagrams are components of printed materials, etc.
2. obtain information from charts, diagrams and calendars etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Supplementary Readers
2. Course book
3. Relevant charts, diagrams, graphs, labels, signs etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Recognition of –
- labels, etc. in printed texts or materials.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Shows pupils title page, illustrations, margins, picture, charts, graphs, diagrams, etc. in texts.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe graphs, diagrams, labels etc. in texts presented by the teacher.
3. Illustrates to pupils how information can be obtained from the above.
4. Asks questions and guides pupils to identify graphs, diagrams , pictures etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Answer teacher’s questions individually, in pairs or in groups.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to identify diagrams, graphs, title page, illustrations, margins, pictures etc. in text.
Was this lessons helpful?