Reporting Type of Essay Primary 6 (Basic 6) – English Studies
WRITING FIRST TERM
THEME – WRITING
TOPIC – REPORTING TYPE OF ESSAY
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. make verbal report on incidents.
2. express themselves orally about the incident.
3. demonstrate good speech habits of clear pronunciation, correct stress and intonations.
4. give account of event in a logical order and vividly.
5. mention the causes of an automobile fire and
6. discuss how the automobile fire was extinguished.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Relevant pictures of incidents which can be used to stimulate the learners.
2. sample forms for making report/statements in the police station.
3. Other relevant materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Reporting Incidents under the following –
1. Making verbal reports and statements.
2. Reporting class incidents to teacher, classmate or friend.
3. Giving a report of group activities.
4. Giving correct tenses in report.
5. Reporting an incident without any exaggeration
6. Eye witness account of exactly what happened.
7. Give information that will help the authority to note –
- The date and time
- Place of incident
- The cause of the incident etc.
FOCUS REPORTS – A Report of An Incident Primary 6 (Basic 6) – English Studies
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. Revises the previous lesson based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses with pupils various situations in which they are likely to be called upon to give report in assisting the police or the people in authorities in the investigations;
Pupil’s Activities – discuss various points as a class and prepare in groups to give report on any incident.
3. Discusses the important points in making statement or reporting an incident;
4. Give account of an incident of bank robbery he/she has witnessed with good explanations.
Pupil’s Activities – Each pupil gives account of his/her experiences. Write their reports and read to the class.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson –
Ask pupils to make simple oral reports of a particular incident.