Last Updated on September 25, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Ways of Showing Respects (Primary 1)
TOPIC – PEOPLE TO RESPECT IN AUTHORITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. People to Respect in Authority
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify people to respect in our community.
2. identify people to respect in authority.
People around us.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
charts and pictures of church, mosque and palace, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing authority’s leaders for the pupils to identify each of them. Listen to them and note their points on the board as people to respect in the authority.
PEOPLE TO RESPECT IN AUTHORITY
Our respects are not limited to people in our household and community. We must also respect people in authority. Such people include –
1. The President
2. The Vice President
3. The Senators
4. The Governors
5. The Local Government Chairman
6. All uniform men – the policemen, lastman, neighbourhood, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to identify who to respect in the authority.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the identification of whom to respect in the authority.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
mention 5 people to respect in authority.