RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Respect II – Ways of Showing Respects (Primary 1)
TOPIC – PEOPLE TO RESPECT IN COMMUNITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. People to Respect in Our Community
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify people to respect in our community.
People around us.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
charts and pictures of church, mosque and palace, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing community’s leaders for the pupils to identify each of them. Listen to them and note their points on the board as people to respect in the community.
PEOPLE TO RESPECT IN OUR COMMUNITY
There are a lot of people we have to respect in our community. Among these people are –
2. Our older/elder people
3. Our parents
4. Our school prefect and friends
5. Our teachers
6. Our traditional leaders
7. Our political leaders
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to identify who to respect in the authority.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the identification of whom to respect in the authority.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
mention 5 people to respect in our community.