CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – PRAYER
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Lord’s Prayer (Primary 2)
TOPIC – MEANING OF PRAYER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Right Attitude to Prayer
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – state the right to prayer.
The pupils can say Lord’s Prayer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Written prayers (The Lord’s Prayer).
2. Pictures showing people in prayer.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
The Lord’s Prayer (Primary 2)
RIGHT ATTITUDE TO PRAYER
1. We must not be boastful.
2. We must not look down on other people.
3. We must be humble.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Tells the story of the Pharisees and Tax collector.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the story.
3. Discuss the moral lesson of story.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
4. Organizes a short drama based on the story of Pharisees and Tax collector.
Pupil’s Activities – Dramatize the right attitude to prayer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. state 3 attitude to prayer.
2. dramatize right right attitude to prayer.