JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 9 (JSS 3)
Relevant exam questions
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION
1. ______________ is transmitted through the air to our ears.
2. The outer ear is called ______________.
(b) auditory meatus
3. Radioactive elements are ______________ of atoms of elements.
4. The revolution of the moon round the earth causes ______________.
5. Some sounding instruments includes all except ______________.
(a) hard sticks
(b) talking drum
6. Like poles ______________ and unlike poles attract.
7. Ammeters are measured in Ampere, while voltmeters are measured in ______________.
8. ______________ is a natural oxide of iron.
(c) sodium hydroxide
9. Elements in house circuit include all except ______________.
(a) circuit breaker
(b) meter box
(d) fuse box
10. The temperature at which a substance changes from liquid to vapour is ______________ Point.
11. Loadstone was discovered in ______________ over 2000 years ago.
12. Apple fruit contains ______________ acid.
13. The function of lipase is to digest ______________.
14. ______________ energy are energy gotten due to electron flow.
15. Which of the following blood group is a universal donor?
16. ______________ is the spontaneous decay of the electron.
17. The sound waves make the thin membrane called the ______________ to vibrate.
18. ______________ field is the region of space where magnetic force could be felt.
19. ______________ starts to produce sex cells during puberty.
20. Induced abortion is a type of abortion. YES/NO.
ANSWER FOUR (4) QUESTIONS ONLY.
a. Define loadstone.
b. State any two laws of magnetism
a .What are electrons?
b. List two measuring instruments in electric currents.
a. In a diagram, illustrate parallel circuit
b. Mention two major ways of connecting electrical circuit.
a. Mention four reasons for skill acquisition.
b. Write three importance of skill acquisition.
a. What is (i) Teenage pregnancy (ii) Radioactive
b. List any five radioactive elements.
a. Define abortion.
b. List three types of radiation.