CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 9 (JSS 3)
SECTION A – OBJECTIVES
Answer all the questions in this section.
1. ______________________ is a part of singing.
2. There are ______________________ forms of major scale.
3. Letters are classified into and ______________________ and ______________________.
(a) blocked and signs
(b) block and set
(c) block and script
(d) block and signal
4. ______________________ has no projections or serifs.
(a) The block
(b) Old English
(c) The Romans
(d) the Gothics
5. ______________________ is an ending or a resting point in a music.
(a) Full stop
Relevant Exam Links – Second Term Examination All Subjects for JSS 1 – SSS 3
6. A chord containing three different notes is ______________________.
7. The fundamental note on which a traid is built is called ______________________.
8. ______________________ is a motif formed from parts of plant.
(a) Animal motif
(b) Traditional motif
(c) Geometric motif
(d) Floral motif
9. Geometric motifs are created from ______________________.
(a) basic terms
(b) basic shapes
(c) basic major
(d) basic scale
10. The person who carries out the activities of choreography is called ______________________.
11. ______________________ is a method by which yam is manipulated to create textile.
12. There are ______________________ types of cadence.
13. The act of construction of the alphabets is called ______________________.
14. One of the tools for knitting is ______________________.
15. The free hand letter is ______________________.
(a) the script
(b) the serifs
(c) the sigh
(d) the text
16. The letters used to open paragraphs is called ______________________.
(a) the new English
(b) the Western English
(c) the old English
(d) the African English
17. ……………………………………………………is one person singing.
18. ______________________ is known for court art and royalties.
19. There are ______________________ froms of major scale.
20. ______________________ is the public display of an art work.
Section B – THEORY
Answer four (4) questions in this section.
1a. In a short note, explain all you know about motif.
1b. With a diagram, list three types of motif.
2a. What is choreography?
2b. List and illustrate three dance patterns.
3a. Explain cadence in music.
3b. The block letters are divided into two; list and explain them.
4a. List three types of singing.
4b. Explain what is meant by minor scale.
5a. To be a good singer, what must you do?
5b. Construct letters A — D