Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – How to Produce Simple Clothing Articles – Apron (Primary 5)
TOPIC – HOW TO PRODUCE SIMPLE CLOTHING ARTICLES
1. Meaning of Apron
2. Materials Needed for Making Kitchen Apron
3. Preparation of Pattern and Cutting Out
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
make a simple clothing articles – apron.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
materials needed for making simple clothing materials – apron.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Materials
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Home Economics Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (APRON)
Apron is a piece of clothing that you wear over the front of other clothes before you start cooking to prevent the cloth from getting dirty when you are cooking.
Simple apron is easy to make in an hour or less.
SIMPLE CLOTHING ARTICLES THAT CAN BE PRODUCED
3. Tray cover
5. Tray cloth
6. Oven glove
7. Hand towel
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAKING APRON
1. Brown paper
3. thread that matches fabric
6. Measuring tape
PREPARATION OF PATTERNS AND CUTTING OUT
1. Make a paper pattern of apron, belts, neck band and pocket.
2. Straighten the fabric.
3. Fold the fabric into two with the right side together.
4. Place patterns pieces on the fabric.
5. Pin the pattern pieces and cut out.
6. Transfer all patterns making to the fabric.
7. Stitch altogether.
8. For how to make Chef cap, visit – Sketching of Simple Apron and Cap Using the Body Measurement (Primary 6)
REVISION AND WEEK 3 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or practice sewing apron to exhibit their products.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Makes a list of simple clothing articles that can be produced.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention some simple clothing articles that can be produced.
3. States the materials needed for making apron.
Pupil’s Activities – List all materials needed for making apron.
4. Guides and discusses the preparation of patterns and cut out.
Pupil’s Activities – Prepare patterns and cut out.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain kitchen apron.
2. mention 5 materials needed in making apron.
3. prepare patterns and cut out apron.