Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Simple Relevant Clothing Articles II – How to Produce Simple Clothing Articles – Apron (Primary 5)
TOPIC – MAKING UP SIMPLE APRON
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
make up simple apron on brown paper.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Brown paper
3. thread that matches fabric
6. Measuring tape
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (APRON)
Apron is a piece of clothing that you wear over the front of other clothes before you start cooking to prevent the cloth from getting dirty when you are cooking.
MAKING UP SIMPLE APRON
Simple apron is easy to make in an hour or less. This starts with making up.
Below are the basic steps for making up simple apron:
1. Turn in 15 mm double hems along curved sides (under arms) and the straight sides.
2. Pins, tacks and press hem.
3. Hand stitch the hems, using hemming stitch.
4. Turn, pin and tack 2 cm at the top and bottom of apron then hem.
5. Prepare the neck band and belts as follows.
6. Fold each length wise with right side facing and edges even.
7. Tack and stitch along seam lines, leaving one short edge open. Use back stitch.
8. Turn each piece to the right side and press flat.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 4 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or make up simple apron by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides and allows pupils to making up simple apron.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s guidelines to making up simple apron.
3. Teacher’s – Visit the nearest fashion designer (known as tailor) to demonstrate making up simple apron.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay close attention to the instructor, ask and respond positively to the instructor’s questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
making up simple apron.