Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Simple Relevant Clothing Articles III – Making Up Simple Apron (Primary 5)
TOPIC – PREPARE KITCHEN APRON
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
prepare the object of apron.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Brown paper
3. thread that matches fabric
6. Measuring tape
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Home Economics Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (APRON)
Apron is a piece of clothing that you wear over the front of other clothes before you start cooking to prevent the cloth from getting dirty when you are cooking.
PREPARE THE OBJECT FOR APRON
Simple apron is easy to make in an hour or less. After making up simple apron, the next thing, preparing the apron itself.
Below are the basic steps for preparing kitchen apron:
1. Turn a 10mm single hem along the top of the pocket.
2. Turn under 10mm round the rest of the pocket, clipping as necessary.
3. Tack neck band, belts and pockets in the proper positions
4. Stitch each firmly.
5. Remove tacking thread and press apron
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 5 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or make up simple apron by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides and allows pupils to prepare kitchen apron.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s guidelines to prepare kitchen apron.
3. Teacher’s – Visit the nearest fashion designer (known as tailor) to demonstrate how to prepare kitchen apron.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay close attention to the instructor, ask and respond positively to the instructor’s questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list the procedures for making kitchen apron.
2. prepare kitchen apron.