ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RELATION AND MUTUAL COOPERATION IN ISLAM
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – TEACHING OF QURAN ON OBEDIENCE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Obedience
3. Reasons for Obedience
4. Memorize of Quran 4 :59
Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the reasons why they should cooperate with people such as parents, brothers and others.
2. identify the people they should be obedient to.
3. point out an act of kindness and modesty.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Holy Qur’an and Information technology device. .
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
The Holy Qur’an has commands everyone to obedience to Allah, his Messenger, parents, relatives and those in authority.
People demonstrate obedience by following the what the law has says. Children show obedience when they obey their parents and teachers. Obedience is respectful.
MEANING OF OBEDIENCE
Obedience is the behaviour that generally acceptable according to laws.
REASONS FOR OBEDIENCE AND THE WAYS IT CAN BE SHOWN
In Qur’an 17:23, Teaching of Qur’an on Obedience to Allah Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Islamic Religious StudiesAllah has commanded us to be obedience.
1. Do not worship any but Him.
2. Be good to your parents.
3. Show kindness to your parents, elders, fellow children, neighbours and other creatures.
4. Speak to your parents with respect.
LESSON 2 – THE OBEDIENCE VERSE – HOLY QUR’AN 4:59
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ ۖ فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللهِ
وَالرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلًا
O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day:
That is best, and most suitable for final determination.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the importance of Human Relation.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
Narrates examples of punctuality, modesty and obedience.
Discusses the way through whuch obedience can be shown to them i.e. love them, greet them in the morning, do things that will make them happy.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention why they should be obedient to their parents, teachers, elders and leaders.
- Demonstrate acts of kindness in a play.
- Demonstrate act of modesty in role play.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. explain the ways in which they can obey their parents.
2. explain reasons why they should obey their parents.
3. identify the people they should be obedient to.
4. point out an act of kindness and modesty.