CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – THE HOLY SPIRIT WORKING IN US
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Holy Spirit Working in Us I – The Holy Spirit makes Us Faithful Disciples of Christ (Primary 5)
TOPIC – THE HOLY SPIRIT WORKING IN US
1. Who the Holy Spirit is
2. Influence of of the Holy Spirit in our Daily Lives or Activities
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
discuss how the Holy Spirit helps us in our activities.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
TIME – TABLE
Wednesday (12:00 AM – 12:40 PM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Holy Trinity consisting the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Trinity is God Almighty.
Holy Spirit is the the spirit person promised by Jesus Christ to his true believers to guide, comfort and counsel.
INFLUENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN OUR DAILY LIVES
The work of the Holy Spirit is to convict us of our sin. After conviction,
1. The Holy Spirit teaches the words of God.
2. The Holy Spirit empowers us.
3. The Holy Spirit teaches us to pray.
4. The Holy Spirit washes and renews us.
5. The Holy Spirit leads us to self discipline.
6. The Holy Spirit makes us to be honesty.
7. The Holy Spirit leads us to obedience.
8. The Holy Spirit makes us to be loyalty.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains who is the Holy Spirit is.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and ask questions.
3. Discusses how the Holy Spirit helps us in our activities.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the influence of the Holy Spirit in their daily activities.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain who the Holy Spirit is.
2. discuss how the Holy Spirit helps them in their daily lives.