Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – The Holy Spirit Working in Us
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Reward of Working in the Holy Spirit II (Primary 5)
TOPIC – THE REWARD OF WORKING FOR GOD
The Reward of Working for God
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the reward of working for God.
Reward for doing good and bad.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Film on reward
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
TIME – TABLE
Wednesday (12:00 AM – 12:40 PM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.
28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.
WORKING FOR GOD
Working for God does not limit to those who work in the church. This includes those who diligently do their work.
For example, the teachers, doctors, bankers, carpenters, etc. are working for God too. People might be working in the Church and not working for God. For you to work for God, you must do it without fault.
REWARD OF WORKING FOR GOD
God promises rewards to those who diligently do their work.
The following Bible verses reveal that this concept affects many aspects of life.
1. Divine direction and guidance, Acts 5 : 1 – 11.
2. Oneness, Acts 2 : 41 – 47.
3. Courage, Acts 4 : 8 – 13.
4. Greater holiness in life, Roman 8 : 13.
5. More answers to prayer, Ephesus 6 : 18.
6. Much greater peace in our hearts – Roman 8 : 6.
7. Protection from the evil ones, Proverbs 6 : 23 – 24.
8. Submission to the authorities, Hebrews 13 : 17.
9. Trust from people and authorities, I Peter 2 : 13 – 14.
10. It shall be well with you, Ephesians 6 : 2 – 3
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to discuss the reward of working for God.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the reward of working for God.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention three rewards of working for God.
2. mention 5 other people working for God apart from those who work in the Church.
3. how can people work for God?